Oregon Farm Insurance- The insured person chooses to be covered by a Basic, Broad, or Special Cause of Loss Form- what do Basic and Broad forms cover?
Farm Insurance - the different types of coverage, the loss forms, the additional coverage offered, can be a lot to process! At Ferranti-Graybeal, we have a team of experts ready to help you customize your insurance policy to your individual needs! Our goal with this blog series is to educate our clients and future clients as to what Farm Insurance really is, what it covers, and how that may effect your decisions. Please continue to read to learn more about the different loss forms you may choose to cover what's important to you!
Basic Cause of Loss Form- what does this cover?
If an insured chooses the Basic Form for their Cause of Loss form, the following are covered losses:
- Aircraft or vehicle (not driven or piloted by the insured)
- Civil commotion or riot
- Volcanic Action (occurs within a 168 hour period, it's considered one single event)
- Smoke (not from agricultural smudge or industrial operations)
- Sinkhole collapse (that results in damaged property)
- Collision (damage or loss to farm personal property, covered farm machinery, or death of covered livestock)
- Earthquake and flood loss to covered livestock
Broad Form of Loss- what does this cover?
If an insured chooses the Broad Form of Loss form, the following are covered losses:
- Everything included above in the Basic Form
- Falling objects (covers damage from the falling object- not the actual object though)
Falling object does not cover: Personal property in the open or the interior of a building or structure, or property inside the building or structure unless the falling object first damages building or structure
- Weight of ice, snow, or sleet that causes damage to a building or property inside the building
Weight of ice, snow, or sleet does not cover: Damage or loss caused by pressure or weight of water in any form to any foundation or retaining wall, pavement or patio, awning, fence, outdoor equipment, swimming pool, bulkhead, dock, pier, or wharf.
- Accidental discharge or leakage of water or steam if results in cracking or breaking of any part of the system or appliance containing the water or steam. Pays for damage to covered personal property.
- Freezing of plumbing, A/C, automatic fire sprinkler system, heating, or household appliances. (Exception: not applicable to building/structure that's been vacant or unoccupied for 60+ days unless there's been steps taken to prevent freezing- such as maintain heat, shut off water, drain appliances, etc)
- Sudden and accidental tearing apart, cracking, burning, or bulging of a steam or hot water heating system, an A/C or automatic fire sprinkler system, or an appliance for heating water.
- Glass breakage or safety glazing material- includes glass that is part of building/structure, storm door/window
- Electrocution of covered livestock
- Sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current (Only to Coverage A,B,C,D)
- Attacks on covered livestock - Only by wild dogs/wild animals NOT owned by insured, employees, or any residents of insured location
- Drowning of covered livestock (Doesn't include swines drowning that are under 30 days old)
- Accidental shooting of covered livestock- Not done by an insured, staff, or other residents of insured location
- Loading or unloading of covered livestock that results in death of livestock
Stay tuned for Special Cause of Loss Form and what it covers. Also, we'll discuss the Exclusions for all three of these forms.
We have a team of advisers waiting to answer your questions and help you choose the best coverage for you and your livelihood.
Please contact us for a no obligation review of your current insurance, or to request a quote!
Or, simply- give us a call: 541-567-5523
Trust us to protect what matters most to you!