CYBER LIABILITY INSURANCE
WHAT IS CYBER LIABILITY INSURANCE?
Cyber Liability Insurance is imperative for information safety. Where your General Liability policy fails to cover your Non-Profit, Cyber Liability Insurance covers those dangerous gaps in coverage! It covers both electronic breaches and theft (if you store information on paper).
Are you collecting information from volunteers, employees, community members, donors, or anyone else? If so, please take a moment to understand the risks your Non-Profit may face if you aren’t properly covered with Cyber Liability Insurance.
At Ferranti-Graybeal, we have a dedicated team that handles all of our Non-Profit customers and they understand the risks a non-profit faces.
If you store any information electronically, you are at risk when you collect items of information such as the following: social security numbers, addresses, email addresses, banking information, first and last names, etc. Hackers make their living by breaking into systems to garner this type of information and compromise the safety of your customers and your entire Non-Profit establishment! You depend on the trust of the community and the world to run your business and give to your cause.
Make sure those who make your Non-Profit possible are properly protected with Cyber Liability Insurance
A breach could potentially destroy your Non-Profit! Theft and hacking are an expensive threat- you would have to provide (most states require by law now) credit monitoring to those affected, along with a notice sent to all potentially affected stating that you’ve been hacked.
HOW CAN OUR NONPROFIT BE PROTECTED?
Cyber Liability Insurance provides coverage for claims from third-parties caused by a data breach as well as expense coverage for following your state laws to notify and provide credit monitoring to those who may have been impacted by a breach of data or security. Even though the name says “cyber”, this policy does extend coverage to paper files and computers that contain confidential information.
When purchasing a Cyber Liability Insurance policy for your nonprofit, you want to make sure the following is covered:
- Identity Theft– provides coverage for board members who are subject to identity theft and provides a team to help guide them through this stressful time
- Regulatory Response– provides coverage for cost associated with responding to a breach in compliance with your state laws. This includes notifying those impacted as well as providing a response to any government agencies inquiring to the breach cause, status, and ongoing follow up of the outcome
- Credit Monitoring– covers the costs incurred with providing credit monitoring to all those that may have been impacted by the breach
- Defense Costs– provides coverage to defend your nonprofit in the event any lawsuits are brought forward as a result of the data breach
- Data Breach Liability– provides coverage in the event a claim results from breach of data without the claimants authorization
- Website Liability– provides coverage and protection for libel, slander, copyright infringement or other activity on your nonprofit website
NONPROFIT INSURANCE PROGRAM: YOUR CYBER LIABILITY INSURANCE EXPERTS
Our Experts at Ferranti-Graybeal Insurance are waiting to help! If you have taken the right steps to protect your Non-Profit and those who make it possible, you can rest easy! Don’t wait- call us now for a no obligation quote!