Tornado Disaster Preparedness
BEFORE A TORNADO
- Listen to NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio, or television newscasts.
- Heed instructions given by local emergency management officials.
- Be alert to changing weather conditions and watch for approaching storms.
Danger Signs Include:
- Dark, often greenish sky
- Large hail
- A large, dark, low-lying cloud (particularly if rotating)
- Loud roar, similar to a freight train.
- If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately.